THOUGHTS ON PRACTICING
SING-ALONGS: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
BENEFITS OF SINGING
- How Singing Affects Your Brain – Six Reasons To Sing (Spinditty)
- How Singing Changes The Brain – TEDx Melbourne
- 10 Reasons to Make Singing Your Happiness Drug
- What Happens to Your Brain When You Sing (YouTube Video)
- Singing to Children May Help Development of Language Skills
- 11 Surprising Health Benefits of Singing
- “Music engages many parts of our brains”: Singing With My Grandbaby from The New York Times (8/15/18) (Thanks to Katherine Braun for sharing).
- Reset Your Tired, Tense Voice Like Magic from Voice Council Magazine
- Singdaily.com subscriber Maddie suggests you check out this page about “Singing In Theater”. Thanks, Maddie (and please let us know when you’re performing; we’d love to see you)!
MUSIC AND EMOTION
- How does music affect our Emotions? (Find out how to use music to change or enhance your mood).
- Why Does Music Make Us Feel? from Scientific American.
GUITAR CHORDS & LYRIC SITES
- GUNTHER ANDERSON Lyrics and guitar chords
- Tons of great folk songs: Beth’s Notes
- Guitar Chords to many songs: www.bettyloumusic.com
WANT TO BE IN A BAND? Check out the Westport Gig Center.
- Thoughts on Practicing (two of my favorite videos)
- Sing Books With Emily
- KARAOKE! KaraFun Listen and subscribe on YouTube, view on their website or download their app to your phone.
- Listen and Read Along (click on songs) This website is run by the US State Department for students learning English as a second language. I expected the music on the song lyric videos to be created with a synthesizer but, surprise, they are beautifully performed and right up my alley!