Articles that support the thesis that, if you SING DAILY, you will be a little bit happier. Maybe a lot happier? In any case, read on for more info.
- How Singing Affects Your Brain – Six Reasons To Sing (Spinditty)
- How Singing Changes The Brain – TEDx Melbourne
- 10 Reasons to Make Singing Your Happiness Drug
- What Happens to Your Brain When You Sing (YouTube Video)
- Singing to Children May Help Development of Language Skills
- 11 Surprising Health Benefits of Singing
- “Music engages many parts of our brains”: Singing With My Grandbaby from The New York Times (8/15/18) (Thanks to Katherine Braun for sharing).
- “Music engages many parts of our brains”: Singing With My Grandbaby from The New York Times (8/15/18) (Thanks to Katherine Bruan for sharing).
- “Singing in a choir may be the ‘new exercise’” from CNBC by Daniel Pink
- “The music ‘has an effect on mind and heart,” he said, adding, ‘It makes for a happy life.'” from “Singing Their Way Through Retirement” from the NYTimes Special Retirement section Sunday, 2/25/18 11 Surprising Health Benefits of Singing
- “Choir Choir Choir” sings “Because The Night” with an audience on TedX
- “Singing Show Tunes Helps Fight Dementia” from The Daily News
- “Music and Emotion” from Wikipedia
- “Francisco Nunez is Changing Lives Through Singing” from The Harmonizer
- INSPIRED TO SING – Why are Vocal Warm-Ups Important?
- “Music As The Brain’s Universal Language”
- Why Does Music Make Us Feel? from Scientific American.
- “Happy Songs That Will Instantly Put You In A Good Mood”
AND, did you know…Singing to children may help development of language skills??
ARTICLES used in Just Add Music (to make school Positive, Engaging & Relevant):
- “Music Develops Children’s Social and Emotional Skills” from “Raising Small Souls”
- “Music and Learning: Integrating Music in the Classroom” by Chris Boyd Brewer
- “Keeping Music Alive” by Bonnie Baer-Simahk
- “8 Ways To Use Music In The Language Arts Classroom” by Heather Wolpert Gawron
- “Different Drummers: Using Music To Teach History” by Alex Zukas
- “Teaching: Just Like Performing Magic” (a discussion with Teller of Penn & Teller) by Jessica Lahey in The Atlantic
- “Teachers Urged to Mix it Up and Use Novelty to Engage Students” by Caralee Adams in Education Week
- Reset Your Tired, Tense Voice Like Magic from Voice Council Magazine
- Singdaily.com subscriber Maddie suggests you check out this page about “Singing In Theater”. Thanks, Maddie (and please let us know when you’re performing; we’d love to see you)!
GUITAR CHORDS & LYRIC SITES
- GUNTHER ANDERSON Lyrics and guitar chords
- Tons of great folk songs: Beth’s Notes
- Guitar Chords to many songs: www.bettyloumusic.com
WANT TO BE IN A BAND? Check out the Westport Gig Center.
- Thoughts on Practicing (two of my favorite videos)
- Sing Books With Emily
- KARAOKE! KaraFun Listen and subscribe on YouTube, view on their website or download their app to your phone.
- Listen and Read Along (click on songs) This website is run by the US State Department for students learning English as a second language. I expected the music on the song lyric videos to be created with a synthesizer but, surprise, they are beautifully performed and right up my alley!